German Embassy – Belgrave Square - PAYE
1315
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-1315,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1400,footer_responsive_adv,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-17.2,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.6,vc_responsive
 

German Embassy – Belgrave Square

Client: German Embassy
Principal Contractor: PAYE Stonework & Restoration Limited

The building was built in 1825 and is Grade 1 Listed. Belgrave Square and Chesham Place elevations are constructed using decorative and moulded stucco lime render and natural stone balustrade at roof level.

 

The stucco was tap tested and paint stripped to help determine the extent of repair. Extensive replacement of stucco was carried out using traditional techniques for hand running mouldings and building up rusticated ashlar. Additional works included roof and timber repairs, lead work and internal and external decoration.